Sunday, July 16, 2006

Why and who

I'm far from being an expert on SGI, but I think I see a need for online discussion of practice. That means chanting. The basic practice of SGI is chanting to achieve focus, which leads to figuring out what to do, which leads to happiness, whatever that is for you. However, as anyone who's tried it knows, it's hard to set aside time everyday for the same thing. I guess it's like exercising -- a lot of people get bored after a while and quit.

And then there's all those internal demons who don't want to let us succeed. They can be pretty ferocious at times. Mine eat me alive.

I'd be really interested in hearing about how other SGI members overcome this problem. I'm sure there are some who just do it with no difficulty, but many fail.

So ------ what's your story?

No comments: